USS Independence (LCS-2) (6 pics)
According to Wikipedia:
USS Independence (LCS-2), the class prototype for the Independence-class littoral combat ship, will be the sixth ship of the United States Navy to be named for the concept of independence.
It is the design competitor produced by the General Dynamics consortium, in competition with the Lockheed Martin-designed USS Freedom, the prototype for the Freedom-class littoral combat ship.
It is intended as a small assault transport with a variety of capabilities depending on the mission module installed.
The ship is a trimaran design capable of over 40 knots (74 km/h; 46 mph), and will probably be delivered to the US Navy at the end of 2009.
- London Now Has A Giant Ball Pit For Grown Ups (8 pics)
- The Cast From Game Of Thrones Doing Normal Everyday Things (49 pics)
- Lies About Your Own Body That You Need To Stop Believing (14 pics)
- Donatella Versace Needs To Stop Getting Plastic Surgery (10 pics)
- This Is Why Women Live Longer Than Men (38 pics)